Traveling with an infant/toddler can be stressful. Here are few tips that can help you and your little one get through a trip whether it’s a long-haul flight or just a simple car ride.
- Feed your infant/toddler before you leave. It can help them to feel full and sleep during travel.
- Pack a snack. I mean, really, who’s not distracted when food is involved?! 😉
- Pack a blanket. Even though Kai is past the swaddling age, I still pack a small blanket and wrap him tight on long flights.
- For nursing moms: I noticed that during international flights, (16hours+) my young one stayed calm by being close to me and nursing.
- Change before hitting the road. One of the worst things is to have to stop for a diaper change!
- THIS IS MAJOR “KEY” ALERT: Tablets and toys. Lately, I almost always bring Kai’s tablet with me and its been so helpful and doubles as a distraction.
- Interact with your little one by reading a book or playing games (pat-a- cake, locating their nose, mouth and eyes etc)