Even though this wasn’t our little ones first flight it was hands down his most active. His first flight he slept the entire flight. Now that he’s approaching two that’s changed the plane seems to be one big playground for him. Here are a few tips for traveling with a toddler.
2. Headphones- I found the perfect headphones for toddlers at Five Below.
3. Crayons and Coloring book- It was easy to fold down the eating tray and allow him to use it as a desk to color away.
4. Download Movies in advance- The week of our trip I downloaded 5 movies to his IPad of course “Minions” made the cut.
5. Book flight during nap or sleeping times- This works for us Kai naps between 11am-2:30 roughly every day. His bedtime is 9:30pm so we travel during those hours he’s relaxed and sleeping soundly.
6. While walking through airport or aircraft Daddy led the way Kai followed and I held down the back this way toddler can run ahead or fall behind airports can be hectic. With the system of one parent infront and one in back it allowed us to stay together as well give our child some independence.
7. Airport Stroller- I will never take our nice jogging stroller to airport simply because things can get lost and I’d rather it be something cheap and inexpensive as well as the cheap strollers are more portable.
8. Lastly pack a small snack for each out of the flight- 4 hour flight I’d pack a granola bar, yougurt, veggie sticks, and fruits. Food is a distraction.
9. Pack toddler bags in advance- toddler clothes and gadgets are easier to forget because they are smaller packing ahead allows you to be organized.
Traveling with a young child or a toddler can be unpredictable the best thing to do is make little one as comfortable as possible. If none of these tips help order a wine and plug your ears. That was just a joke. Enjoy your travel and be sure to like and subscribe to our blog.